Wednesday, February 16, 2005

In Memoriam: Kerwin Plevka

Kerwin Plevka took one of the best hurricane-related photographs I have ever seen published in a newspaper. I don't remember the name of the storm, but Plevka ventured out into it while covering the story on Bolivar Peninsula. Using a long lens, Kerwin took a photograph of someone far down the beach, leaning strong into the wind, as he struggled to remain upright while making his way to shelter. I remember telling Kerwin how much I liked the photo and he seemed genuinely pleased that I did so. Kerwin died on Friday. We send our condolences to his family and co-workers.

Kerwin Plevka took this photo of Nolan Ryan that resulted in the pitcher's 5,000th strikeout of his fabled career.

Kerwin also took this photo that is posted on the North American Wolf Association's Website.
[HC]

1 comment:

Banjo Jones said...

yes, only 54.