Monday, January 23, 2006

Sermon on the iPod

For a long time now, I've thought the iPod's chief influence on the culture was a negative one; it convinced people with no singing talent that they could sing (see American Idol.)

Sadly, that's a very negative view.

A Houston preacher sees God in the iPod. And he's sermonizing about it.

"When I go to iTunes, I select all that I want. When I go to Jesus Christ, he gives me all that I need. It's that simple," (Metropoolitan Baptist Church Pastor Sal) Sberna told his congregation Sunday morning. "Why have you not bought one of these things. These are so cool. They cost a little bit of money, but they are worth the money. Let me tell you something about salvation, it's free but it's not cheap."


I'd venture to say that this is a first for a Baptist sermon.

I also would venture to say that this is the only Baptist preacher in the Texas named "Sal."

[nbc5i.com]
via
[adfreak.com]

1 comment:

S. said...

I had to look this up after hearing a TV preacher chastise his brother for having nothing better to preach on than the ipod.