Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ron Paul: gynecologist/flamethrower

The Gentleman Gynecologist from Brazosport, Republican (wink) U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, is featured in a new film about economic globalism, mulitnational corporate greed, and all that they entail.

Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) speak powerfully in the film about how Americans are lured with false promises of free trade as “good for democracy.” In fact, say the Congressmen, sovereign rights are being usurped by these secretive trade bodies, and the only beneficiaries have been multinational corporate interests. They tell a frightening story of how America has become answerable to the WTO and how health freedoms and personal sovereignty are being crushed under the weight of multinational corporate greed.

This guy's from Brazosport? And he's a Republican? How does that happen? I'm not saying that what he says isn't true, or is true, because I just don't know. I admit it! I'm not that smart. I just don't know. Maybe if I read up on this stuff more, I would know, but I don't. Even so, I just can't get over that the congressman who represents the Petrochemical Underarm of Texas is so, well, outspoken.
[xtvworld]

No comments: