Sunday, May 30, 2010

Return of the barn swallows

Last year, on June 11, I wrote about some birds that built a nest on the inside wall of our front porch.

Then, in August, I put up this video about the whole experience of watching barn swallows, complete with narration.

So, why do I bring this up now?

Cause the barn swallows have returned! Or, at the least, some barn swallows returned to the same nest.

I can hear you know. "Oh, shit. Here he goes again with the barn swallows."

And you would be right, sir. You would be right.

In the pictures below, you'll see some photos I took with an Iphone of the nest's contents. Today was the first day I check the inside of the barn swallow abode.

(I couldn't use the "good camera" cause the nest is built so close to the ceiling of the porch. Also,  even with a ladder,  I can't see into the nest, so I've got to stick the camera up in the air and shoot blind, but you can clearly make out the forms of very young, right-outta-the egg birds in these images. That is all...for now)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say, "histoplasmosis?"

jd

Swearengen said...

Could'ya affix a mirror up there at an angle to get some shots with the vidya camera?