Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quote/Unquote .........


"Had I known I was being recorded, I would have chosen my language more carefully."
--- Gov. Rod Blagojevich on KMOX Tuesday morning promoting his book

"I wanted to stay until the bitter end and I think we're there."
-- CNN presenter Tony Harris after Gaddafi's 90 minute speech at the U.N. today

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
--- Napoleon Bonaparte

"Nearly all aristocracies having real power have depended on a difference of race, Norman over Saxon, German over Slav, Englishman over Irishman, white man over black man, and so on and so forth. There are traces of the Norman predominance in our own language to this day. And it is much easier for the aristocrat to be ruthless if he imagines that the serf is different from himself in blood and bone. Hence the tendency to exaggerate race-differences, the current rubbish about shapes of skulls, colour of eyes, blood-counts, etc., etc. In Burma I have listened to racial theories which were less brutal than Hitler's theories about the Jews, but certainly not less idiotic."
-- George Orwell, essay, 1940


(Quote/Unquote is a fairly regular feature of The Brazosport News that is compiled by Wilson in St. Louis.)

1 comment:

mybillcrider said...

I don't know if you read "Get Fuzzy" on the comics pages, but I think you're a hit with the cat. Except he slightly misspelled your name today.