Sunday, March 08, 2009

One of the guys you never read about


For all the media attention the bad eggs in pro sports receive, there are others we rarely read about, like Corey Smith, one of the two NFL players lost at sea last week in a storm.

He didn’t live his life in the flashy way that so many pro athletes choose to do. His house, for example, didn’t reveal the wealth of a man who spent seven seasons in the NFL with the Buccaneers, 49ers, and Lions.

“I was there three weeks ago,” (Smith's agent) Del Duca said. “He’s got eight, nine rooms in there, but he’s got furniture in three. And he’s had the place, like, six years! I said, ‘What are you doing?’

“Corey said, ‘I only live in three rooms, I don’t need furniture in the other six. I’ve got my big room with my big TV, got my kitchen, got my study, got my bedroom. That’s all I need, thank you. I’m saving my money.’”


Read more here in a post at ProFootballtalk.com.

No comments: