Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Blogrollin -- Pete, J.D., Don & Scott

Pete, who writes the Perfectly Cromulent blog, took the words righta outta my mouth with the latest blasphemy perpetrated by the advertising industry -- The Pogues' "Sunny Side of the Street" bein used to sell Escalades ...

J.D., who writes the Mouth of the Brazos blog, relates an interesting situation out West o' the Brazos, where the Armadillo Ballroom honky tonk/dance hall/beer joint is located. Seems that after closing time one recent night, the po-lice were all lined up ready to snatch up the patrons after they got behind the wheels of their pickups. Only they didn't want to get behind the wheels, cause they knew what was up. And then the po-lice told em, look, if you don't get in your damn trucks and leave, we're gonna arrest you anyway. That's dirty pool, if you ask me...

Don, who writes the Enormous Incongruities blog, nearly drowned the other day. It reminded me of something that happened to me a long, long time ago. We're happy to report Don did not drown, but we'd like all of you to read his post, just as a reminder to yourselves and your loves ones to be real, real careful this summer, ya hear? ...

Scott, who writes The Fat Guy blog, is distressed to learn that Woody Harrelson has been cast in the movie version of "No Country For Old Men," the Cormac McCarthy book, which just happens to be the last book I read (i bought a hardcover copy for $3 that once had been among the books at the Jefferson Davis Parish Library at 118 W. Plaqueine in Jennings, La. (according to the stamp on the enveloped glued to the inside sleeve) but somehow ended up on the sale table at the Books A Million store in Edmond, Okla. I hadn't thought much about casting choices, but now that I do, I essentially agree that Woody Harrelson would not have been my choice for the bounty hunter role, but considering how the Coen Brothers handled the crime movie "Fargo," I've gotta believe this will be a movie that I will actually go into a theater to see, despite my previous posts about my infrequent theater outings due to my phobia about movie theater vermin & other nastiness...


That is all for now.

No comments: