Monday, February 05, 2007

Guess who wrote this?

Nov. 19, 2002: "The greatest risk for us in invading Iraq is probably not war itself, so much as: What happens after we win? ... There is a batty degree of triumphalism loose in this country right now."
Jan. 16, 2003: "I assume we can defeat Hussein without great cost to our side (God forgive me if that is hubris). The problem is what happens after we win. The country is 20 percent Kurd, 20 percent Sunni and 60 percent Shiite. Can you say, 'Horrible three-way civil war?' "

July 14, 2003: "I opposed the war in Iraq because I thought it would lead to the peace from hell, but I'd rather not see my prediction come true and I don't think we have much time left to avert it. That the occupation is not going well is apparent to everyone but Donald Rumsfeld. ... We don't need people with credentials as right-wing ideologues and corporate privatizers -- we need people who know how to fix water and power plants."

Oct. 7, 2003: "Good thing we won the war, because the peace sure looks like a quagmire... I've got an even-money bet out that says more Americans will be killed in the peace than in the war, and more Iraqis will be killed by Americans in the peace than in the war. Not the first time I've had a bet out that I hoped I'd lose."

Answer: Molly Ivins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess where Banjo cribbed this?

It's a direct cut and paste from Paul Krugman's column in The New York Times on Feb. 2, 2007.

Banjo Jones said...

yes, the link makes that clear it came from paul krugman. there is no subterfuge. subterfuge will not stand. we don't like your tone. No Brazosport News for you!

Anonymous said...

LOL! The News Nazi!

-D