Saturday, November 18, 2006

Further proof Brazoria Co. is a disaster

Or, they don't call us The Land Texas Forgot for nuttin':

" Proclamation 41-3060

TO ALL TO WHOM THESE PRESENTS SHALL COME:

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, do hereby amend my October 23, 2006 proclamation to include Brazoria County certifying that severe storms and flooding that began on October 15, 2006, and continuing has caused a disaster in this county.

THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby proclaim the existence of such threat and direct that all necessary measures both public and private as authorized under Section 418.015 of the code be implemented to meet that threat.

As provided in section 418.016, all rules and regulations that may inhibit or prevent prompt response to this threat are suspended for the duration of the incident.

In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my Office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 30th day of October, 2006.

Rick Perry, Governor

Attested by: Roger Williams, Secretary of State"

Texas Register

No comments: