Tuesday, August 02, 2005

programming notes

The first time I tout a musical guest on Letterman, they get bumped. But Sun Volt will perform Friday night, says Dave...
I've disabled comments, at least for now, for reasons I won't bother going into but imagine you can guess. If that makes this not a blog, so be it. Any comments you wish to impart can still be emailed to the address at the bottom of the sidebar, which may still be posted on a need-to-amuse-enlighten-entertain basis ...
I spent a couple hours with a salesman yesterday. He was young, but very nice, very earnest and well-informed. He wore a long-sleeve shirt, and at one point I noticed the edge of a tattoo peeking out from under his cuff. I really had to suppress the urge to ask him to show me his tattoo, ask him why he got it (or them) and find out the story behind the tattoo(s). Because every tattoo has a story, presumably. But I figured it might embarrass him, or somehow invade his privacy, or something. I assume he wore the long-sleeve shirt without the sleeves rolled up for a reason, since it was hot as blazes. But now I wish I woulda asked him what I wanted to ask him.

No comments: