Sunday, May 22, 2005

In the matter of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul

Charles Kuffner, in noting the Houston Chronicle's front-page mini-profile of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul on Saturday, lays a tantalizing tidbit on us by reporting there's a "strong challenger" aiming to bushwack the Libertarian-style Republican at election time.

Cough it up, Charles. Who? Who? A yeller dog Democrat or a team playa Republican?

I was looking at some of the measures Paul recently has proposed and see he wants an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to deny permanent citizenship to persons born to parents who are "neither United States citizens nor persons who owe allegiance to the United States."

I'm not entirely sure if that'd cover non-citizen parents who do owe allegiance to the USA. Maybe so. Neither nor?

Or maybe it's aimed at al Qaeda sleeper cells who are procreating on our soil.

That amendment won't go anywhere, I guess, but it'll probably sell on the stump in the 14th District during the '06 election.
[hjr46 (pdf)]

[off the kuff]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, while I've heard of this candidate's existence, I was not told his or her name. I'm told they're not ready to go public yet. Sorry!

-- Kuff

Anonymous said...

My wife and I have a bet. I say this is the same Ron Paul who had classic Motown hit "Me and Mrs. Jones" in the late 1970s.

Who's right Banjo? There's a catfish dinner riding on this.

E. Kendricks
Detroit MI